- 08-Aug-2016 to 01-Aug-2020 (MST)
- Can Live Anywhere in the U.S., CA, USA
- Part Time
This is a work from home position
Looking for a part time position where you can teach from home? Odysseyware is seeking applicants for certified instruction-based positions for the 2016-2017 school year. Opportunities exist for teachers who have current state certification(s) in core subject areas.
We are currently accepting applications for all states and subjects to have on file for future needs.
We are currently HIRING teachers in the states of Arkansas (Elementary, Middle School & History), Wisconsin, Minnesota (all subjects AND Business/CTE), Pennsylvania (French, CTE, Social Studies and Health/PE), Texas (English, Physics and Chemistry), California (Spanish, French, PE), New Jersey (Physics) and Health/PE in **multiple states **
Odysseyware provides students and schools the latest in virtual education. Qualified, passionate teachers enjoy a flexible work schedule from the comfort and convenience of home. These part-time positions enable teachers to make a difference in the lives of students throughout the nation utilizing the latest in web-based curriculum and technology.
About Odysseyware Academic Services and Odysseyware Academy (a subsidiary of Glynlyon):
Odysseyware Academic Services partners with school districts throughout the nation offering a comprehensive academic program. By providing web-based curriculum and highly qualified and state certified teachers to partnering schools, Odysseyware Academic Services aids in the effort to bridge the mandates of education and the limited resources of school districts. Odysseyware Academy is accredited by AdvancED, the world's largest accrediting body, and allows individual students to enroll directly with Odysseyware Academy and earn their diploma.
Odysseyware Virtual Teachers are certified content experts who work with students in the Academy and through our Academic Services division, on an as needed basis. When courses and enrollments become available, teachers in our hiring pool will be notified and trained.
Our teachers provide instructional support to students of diverse backgrounds. Odysseyware uses the personalized learning model through the implementation of our competency based, digital curriculum. Students truly own their learning by progressing through self-paced modules. Our teachers act as academic coaches, facilitators of learning, and a repository of knowledge and resources. OW Virtual Teachers work remotely and asynchronously, while being prepared to provide direct instruction via a synchronous platform as needed.
Basic qualifications of an effective Odysseyware virtual teacher include:
- Work well independently and remotely
- Communicate effectively with students, partner schools, and/or parents
- Flexibility in teaching approach to accommodate student needs
- Possess operational competency in use of technology tools
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to keep accurate, organized records
- Satisfy all continuing educational requirements as dictated by state teaching certification
Teacher Task List:
- Closely monitor student progress relative to their individual course schedule
- Respond promptly to questions or requests from students, partner schools, and/or parents
- Maintain timely grading of student work
- Enter all pertinent information/communication in the Student Information System
- Monitor end dates to ensure students are staying on track in the course, and proactively contact the student and partner school/parent if concerns arise
- Ensure that final grades are issued in a timely manner when a student completes a course
- Hold regularly scheduled office hours each week
- Distribute announcements and updates at least monthly and maintain an academic calendar that can be accessed by all interested parties
- Participate in faculty meetings, hardware, software and/or educational training sessions as scheduled
- MUST be certified to teach appropriate subject and grade level
- MUST own a computer that meets Odysseyware minimum technology specifications with high speed Internet access
- Strong technology skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Ability to work well in a fast paced virtual environment
- Experience with online instruction is desired
Equal Opportunity Employer